Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the price of the services of A MI MANERA Adult Daycare?
AADC services are covered, in the great majority of cases, by the long-term care program (LTC) offered by Medicaid, which is processed through the Alliance on Aging, therefore it’s cost-free for the families. We also accept private payments.
2. What is the Alliance on Aging?
The Alliance on Aging is a non-profit organization, founded on 1988, that serves the Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties by providing complete information and access to care services for older adults and their families.
3. How can I be a participant of the Long-Term Care Program (LTC)?
This program is available for everyone that needs HELP at home or SOCIALIZATION at a Community center, has a chronic disease, is disabled or has any health condition.
4. What requirements do I have to fulfill to be able to apply to the Long-Term Care Program (LTC) from the Alliance on Aging?
You can eligible for the services of the Long-Term Care Program (LTC) if you fulfill the following requirements:
- Being 65 years of age or older and requiring a high level of care.
- Being 18 years of age or older, being disabled and requiring a high level of care.
- Being covered by Medcaid (SMMC)
We help families in this application process to guide them in all of the procedures.
Receiving this help does not affect at all any other benefit that the participant may have .(Food Stamps, Social Security, etc.)
5. What do the A MI MANERA Adult Daycare services include?
- Transportation (pick-up in the morning and return in the afternoon)
- Meals: breakfast, lunch and snacks comply with all of the nutritional requirements established for older adults.
- Daily programs of physical, cognitive and recreational activities
In our center, we have a specialized activities program focused in the comprehensive wellbeing of older adults, to renew vitality and reestablish joy, which is the best antidote to aging.
6. Is it mandatory to go to the center every day?
The center is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Daily attendance isn’t mandatory. But, we can tell you, from our experience that once your relative starts coming three times a week, they start coming every day.
They’re never going to feel alone here, they’re going to make friends and they’re going to enjoy a lot of the company of people their age.
7. How can I request information regarding the daycare program of A MI MANERA Adult Daycare?
If you wish to talk to us about the care program of A MI MANERA Adult Daycare for older people, or if you wish to start the application process, call 786-332-2429 or complete this form with your information and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.